Temple Emanuel is a Reform synagogue and a member of the Union for Reform Judaism, has a membership of over 130 families. Though Reform, we have a Conservative minyan which meets on Saturday mornings. Congregation Temple Emanuel began as a permanent religious organization in September 1895, with its first Temple being erected in 1901. A wooden building of Byzantine design served the Congregation until the erection of the current Temple Emanuel, which was dedicated in 1923. This synogogue has been in continous use ever since serving the greater Beaumont and Golden Triangle area. We recently raised over $1,700,000 to restore and update our beautiful Temple and its magnificent Sanctuary with construction beginning immediately following the High Holy Days of 2004.